Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dreams. No, goals!

  I've decided to put in writing some more concrete goals that I would love to accomplish this year, or maybe we'll just say soon, so that I can look at them daily, be reminded to work towards them, and put it out there for the universe to be aware of! Ok, here goes, mind you, some of these are pretty lofty, but I say why not?  As my Blanchet high school class of 2002 motto stated: "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars,"  cheesy and applicable!

* Win the SCBWI Barbara Karlin Work-In-Progress Grant for unpublished picture book writers
*Use that money to finally attend one of the SCBWI's international summer/ or winter conferences in LA/ NY
*Where I will sign with an agent
*Who will get my book published with a major, reputed publishing house 
*Who then attaches an illustrator whose work perfectly captures the vision of my book
*Get to stand up at the "Good News" portion of my local SCBWI Western WA meeting and announce that my picture book has come out and is ready for purchase, as I hold my very own book in my own two hands
*See my picture book on the local author's shelf at Mockingbird Books
*See my picture book on the shelves at Barnes & Noble 
*Receive starred Kirkus and Booklist reviews for my book
*Do book readings and signings in classrooms, libraries and book shops around the state, around the nation, around the world!!
*Publish my next book



No comments:

Post a Comment