Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Change on the Horizon...

After 7 years (!) nannying for the greatest family in the world, I will be leaving them this August. It will be incredibly difficult to leave "my" kids and the whole family, really, who have all become such a huge part of me and my whole life. I was offered a job today to be the Assistant Second Grade Teacher at the Bertschi School, and I am super excited for the new challenges and opportunities this position will bring. But it is a bittersweet moment, knowing that one chapter in my life is coming to a close. I know I am ready to take on this new direction, but my heart still feels the heaviness that leaving "home" always brings. I am so thankful for the family that came into my life 7 years ago and introduced me to the two girls that hold my heart, gave me a job that never felt like work, and prepared me for motherhood in a way no other career could have done. It has been the greatest honor to collaborate with this family and help raise their two incredibly, superbly wonderful children.
"Wherever you are: my love will find you"
~Nancy Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment