Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beloved Books


  Thinking back on the books of my childhood, I remember this particular one, The Teddy Bears' Picnic, as my absolute favorite picture book.  I remember being completely spellbound by the idea of children dressing up in bear costumes and frolicking in the forest for a day.  I loved every detail of each illustration, I loved the text that was also a song, I loved the wonderfully whimsical, magical tone of the story.  
  I'm curious to know which picture books were favorites for others growing up, which ones evoke distinct memories, which ones still touch your heart...?



p.s. Anyone else remember Jenny Linsky?  She was another favorite of mine..   

1 comment:

  1. The Giving Tree, Hey Al!, Miss Nelson is Missing!, Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters: An African Tale, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, The Polar Express, Strega Nona, Love You Forever, The Story of a Little Mouse Trapped in a Book (no words, just beautiful illustrations telling the story- I LOVED this as a kid!)

    ReplyDelete