Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Remember...

  Remember that warm feeling you had as a child whenever your parents read to you? How the pictures of your favorite book fascinated you everytime you saw them? Or the way the pages smelled, well-worn with loving, tender fingers?  I remember being captivated by the sweet magic of The Teddy Bear's Picnic, the intricate illustrations of Graeme Base's Animalia, and the gentle loveliness of Elsa Beskow's Children of the Forest and Margaret Wise Brown's Little Fur Family.  Even as a young child my mother would read chapter books to me and my sister.  We'd curl up all together and unfold the mysteries of The Secret Garden, or have wild adventures on the prairie with Laura Ingalls Wilder in On the Banks of Plum Creek. All of these stories instilled in me a lasting sense of wonder and a love of writing for children. My blog is dedicated to sharing stories, imagination, inspiration, and always keeping a pocketful of sweet dreams near to your heart, so warm childlike wonder can always be reawakened.


No comments:

Post a Comment